Click on the Travel Tips drop-down menu for specific country tips – but here are some general tips for New Zealand travellers!
- Travelpiper’s Packing List
- Travelpiper’s “Before you go” Checklist (based on leaving from New Zealand)
- Packing tips from an airport Baggage Handler
Take photos of everything on this list;
- Your passport, drivers’ licence and any visas
- Your flight itinerary and tickets
- Your insurance document – showing your Policy number and the Insurance free phone or collect call number
- Your checked and hand luggage in case you lose it in a country where English is not spoken – you can just show them pictures.
BUT make sure you email of these photos to your email account, so if you lose your phone, you still have everything in your mailbox!
Handy to know…..
- Hop on Hop Off buses are a great way to get your bearings when first arriving in a new city. I always go upstairs if possible so that you see beyond buildings and can identify landmarks when you are later walking at ground level.